[RFI] New Sears Dryer Draws Current on Green Wire

Alan NV8A nv8a at charter.net
Thu Nov 10 13:02:52 PST 2011

If I understood the original post correctly, the current was not *by
design* flowing in the green wire. It was flowing in the green wire
because the white wire and the green wire were not connected at the
dryer as the instructions specified they should be. But to connect them
at the dryer when a 4-wire cord is used is a violation of the NEC, isn't
it? IOW, the instructions call for an installation method that violates
the NEC, and the design of the dryer is faulty.

73

Alan NV8A