[RFI] Mystory Cyclic Buzzing Noise

John jonie41 at bell.net
Fri Apr 13 19:28:12 PDT 2012

Mr. Brown,

I was going to reply to your comment on my posting, but have decided that it
would open yet another can of worms and is therefore worth it.

Have a peaceful life.

John, VE3KKQ

On 4/13/2012 11:27 AM, Scott Yost wrote:

> I think we need to do exactly this, and thus build a knowledge base of RFI
sources to help narrow down our searches.

The "exactly this" that we all need to do is carefully poke around our homes
looking for noise sources. Virtually ALL equipment should be considered a
POSSIBLE noise source if it has a power supply, a microprocessor, a digital
clock, even an analog oscillator.  BATTERY CHARGERS and WALL WARTS of all
types are notorious sources of noise.

This isn't news unless you've ignored RFI for the last 10 years.

We don't need a catalog of "ths sounds like this" as much as we need an
awareness of the ubiquity of these noise sources.

73, Jim K9YC