[RFI] RFI issues in Toyota 4Runner

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Apr 17 13:07:56 PDT 2012

On 4/17/2012 11:53 AM, Gary Smith wrote:
>   but, most manufacturers (Chrysler , Ford and Toyota) are okay with anything up to 100 Po.

If you read through archives of this reflector, you'll find several
posts addressing the fact that 100W on HF is NOT OK with SOME Toyotas, a
prime example of which was my 2006 Sequoia, where the computer goes into
cardiac arrest with 100w on 20M SSB.  I can also report from a colleague
who has for many years been Chief Engineer at WLS (50kW, 890 kHz) knows
(from listener complaints) that many Fords are so noisy that the radios
can't hear his station in their local coverage area.

73, Jim K9YC