[RFI] Finding power line noise...

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 9 21:50:55 EST 2012

: I have a THF6a, this little rig will do AM all the way up to 600 or 700
: MHz.  I often use it in AM to locate RFI...  Moving to AM and going up
: as high as possible is always the best way to locate RFI from what I
: have seen.

In the past I usually tracked noise interfering with Class C Telemetry on
11m and the 10m Ham band so used my 706MKII.

I have complaints from a local Ham with noise on HF, have not heard it in
the higher bands, so will use my new 706MKIIG for that.

Kurt