[RFI] Oscilloscope requirements for power line noise locating

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Mon Dec 31 09:20:05 EST 2012

Thanks Cortland.

The terminology they use is somewhat different than what most of us
would use. What they call a field strength meter in the CATV
industry is actually a frequency selective voltmeter - a basic
tunable receiver. Those meters have a video output intended to drive
a scope, which many have used to see power line noise signatures.
But exactly what is output on that port I honestly don't know. I may
have to buy one and look at what comes out of that port on my 100
MHz scope in the shop to figure it out. It's probably supposed to be
obvious, but... not to me.

73,
Paul Kelley, N1BUG
RFI Committee chair,