[RFI] Smart Meter Lawsuit in Texas

EDWARDS, EDDIE J eedwards at oppd.com
Mon Feb 27 08:18:07 PST 2012

Peter,

The EPA rules change was on generation, not on the consumer load.  The problem could be if too many "dirty" plants are suddenly shut down without any replacement power, there may not be enough available generation on the market to buy wholesale power to make up for the losses.  That would probably have a negative impact on consumer load in some areas maybe even most.

One of the AP articles on this:

http://www.manufacturing.net/news/2011/12/ap-epa-rules-threaten-older-power-plants

Also, google "epa cross state rules" to see the EPA.gov info.  As of now, the cross state rules have been put on hold by the courts.  But the current admin is still pushing for this.

"Travel by Train!"
I'm with you on this!