[RFI] 2.4" OD #31 toroids

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Jan 31 11:32:54 PST 2012

Jim,I had assumed that I could achieve an impedance of over 5000 ohms
with a single #31 core and 14 turns of RG-59, based on Figure 18A of
your ferrite tutorial.  I see that your later graphs using RG-8X assume
a 5-core stack, but achieve higher impedance with fewer turns.  For a
single-band application, I'd think a single core per choke in that
center-ground arrangement would be good enough, wouldn't you?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000