[RFI] Single-point grounding

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Jul 1 14:12:48 PDT 2012

Sorry all, I inadvertently used a term of art - "entry panel" - by which
I really meant the aluminum panel on which all of my coax and control
jacks are mounted, set in a 2nd floor double-hung window.  It is
grounded, but not very well at RF, because the #0 conductor is over 30
feet long - that's what happens with your shack on the second floor.  At
least it is grounded to the AC Service ground rod.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, at www.conteststations.com
arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000