[RFI] Lightning Protection

dalej dj2001x at comcast.net
Mon Jul 2 11:26:53 PDT 2012

Drip loop is a better name for them, although I didn't loop for that reason, the tower is a ways away from the house.  I do have drip loops in the dish coax which enters the house directly from the dish antenna.  In my case I guess they would be a service loop incase I need the extra coax.

My tower ground is a series of 3 rods outside the concrete base and they are all connected together to form a ring using the heavy solid copper wire that's used for service grounds to main breaker box, my remote antenna switch is also bonded to that ground system.  I also have a run of that same wire which connects to my station ground and goes under the turf to the tower ground.  It's about a 30 foot run or so.  I hope it will be ok and I hope it will never be needed.

73
Dale k9vuj