[RFI] Lightning Protection

Cortland Richmond ka5s at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 2 11:36:36 PDT 2012

This has been an interesting discussion.

Some years ago, while working on telecom digital loop equipment, I came
across an REA handbook on-line that said running vulnerable conductors
through iron pipe some feet long at a building wall reduced the current
making it indoors; even a little inductance is effective if the source
impedance is low enough.

And it might keep the fire from spreading if those wires exploded in the
pipe!

Cortland
KA5S