[RFI] 4khz spaced birdies

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Tue Jul 17 20:14:26 PDT 2012

Hello Hank:

I have observed this same 4 KHz RFI interference coming from wall warts,
computer power supplies and switching power supplies used for charging
batteries, etc.

They could be your own power supplies or a neighbor's. In every case - the
RFI uses the AC mains power line as an antenna - so they can be heard for
considerable distances.

73,
Tim K3LR