[RFI] RFI & Alarm Systems?

W5JR.Mike w5jr.mike at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:58:04 PDT 2012

What frequency(ies) are these wireless secirity systems operating in - 434, 390, 902, 2400 MHz?  And how are the sensors powered, via coin cells?

Since I operate 440 and 900 repeaters at my house as well as user radios, I'm interested prior to installing. The wireless grill thermometer on 434 MHz and the remote outdoor temp sensor for the WX station roll over dead when the UHF repeater (at 5w) comes up and it plays about 9 hours a day.

tnx
Mike