[RFI] Introduction - power line noise

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 24 16:48:02 PDT 2012

"I am all too often identifying adjacent pairs of poles as "noisy". This
doesn't feel right to me. I suspect only one of each pair is the actual
source. In three separate
locations, the power company investigator found one, but not both of
my "adjacent pair" poles noisy. Tips? Tricks?"

Try more attenuation.  I have noted the same problem and can increase the
attenaution in my system to where I have to be within 1" (one) of the ground
wire of an offending pole to hear the noise generated by equipment on top.

Kurt