[RFI] 6 Minutes - a record?

Scott Yost nm8rmedic at rocketmail.com
Sun May 27 18:11:02 PDT 2012

Andy,

Good info to know the about the battery charger's desulfating process.

The reason behind the original exchange I had with Jerry (KI4IO)was to share with him that recently I had been toggling breakers while tracking down an RFI source, and found that my relatively new Sanyo TV persisted in generating RFI for well over a minute after power was cut off to its outlet.  There must be some type of super capacitor in it.

The learning point was that quick cycling of circuit breakers may not be adequate with modern electronics, anymore.   And, thus, the title of his post.  He now claims the record for the longest persisting RFI generator w/o power applied.

Again, thanks for sharing the info regarding the charger desulfating matter.  We are building our knowledge base.

Scott
NM8R