[RFI] Boliy generator

Ray Benny rayn6vr at cableone.net
Thu May 31 11:27:55 PDT 2012

How about using a large brute AC filter? I had a 6KW 120/240 VAC diesel
generator that put out about an S6 noise on the AC lines. I found surplus 3
such filters (3 in X 3in X12in long), mounted them on a board, installed
one in each AC leg and eliminated the noise.

I have one as a spare I found at a surplus store, its 4" X 6" X 9", paid
$20 for it. Its rated for 120 to 440 VAC, at 60 amp.

Ray,
N6VR