[RFI] Need Assistance - Cable TV / Internet

Luciano Gasparini luciano_nachif at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 22:28:08 EST 2012

Folks,
I had been happy until recently. After a business trip, decided to work DX on 10m and figured out a noise thats reminds me cable TV/Internet leakage showed every 66KHz on 10m and 15m. It is pretty stable.
There are strong signlas on 145.250MHz as well.
The cable TV representative told me they have been aligning the amplifiers.
I think they messed up everything and don't kmow how to fix.
I walked around the area with a FT817 with rubber duck. There are strong interference most all the way under the cables. It looks like the shield became a long antenna.
Any ideas on what to look for, where to look for, any literature that may help me find the leakage spots?

I do appreciate your help.

73,

Luciano PT9KK

Sent from my iPhone