[RFI] Line Noise Question

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Sun Sep 9 19:53:47 EDT 2012

All:

I'm hearing a 30 kHz wide noise every 120 kHz. I can hear it on several
bands from 20 meters through 6 meters. It shows up at night so my guess
is that it may be related to a street light problem.

It sounds exactly like a line noise problem that showed up a while back
which was fixed by the power company. The difference in this case is
that the noise does not occupy the the entire band. My question is; does
line noise usually repeat itself every 120 kHz?

Tony -K2MO