[RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off

Cortland Richmond ka5s at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 14 08:40:28 EDT 2012

I notice a similar peaking or reducing effect when I turn on the OUTSIDE
lights while using some (SCR controlled, switcher powered) track
lighting.  This is due to changing the length of connected wiring that
radiates when something is switched in, that's all. The total appearance
and disappearance of the interference is convincing evidence for the
source  being on a timer, and the times strongly suggest it's lighting
of some sort.

Cortland
KA5S