[RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Sep 15 09:20:50 EDT 2012

But the frequency selectivity was interesting.  Of course, we civilians
didn't have wideband receivers in those days, or means of visualizing
signals over a frequency domain, but this was nothing like the ordinary
sound of arcing that we are all too familiar with.  The noise was
limited to two small segments, and in each was characterized by a sharp
cutoff at the high end and a gradual tapered profile going lower.  The
mystery continues.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, at www.conteststations.com
arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000