[RFI] ISOBAR

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Sep 18 12:49:15 EDT 2012

On 9/18/2012 9:36 AM, David Robbins wrote:
> yes, but its not the resistance that matters in the case of a lightning stroke (or even when talking about 'rf' grounds)... the length has MUCH more of an effect than the resistance.

David,

In Dale's first post on this topic, he made it quite clear that it was
the IMPEDANCE over the range of 100 kHz to 10 MHz that mattered, which
quite clearly is virtually all inductance.  Further, by noting that
frequency range, it is also clear that rise time is the issue. Further,
I saw nothing in his posts that have emphasized resistance, they have
used the word impedance.

Perhaps some hams don't think about wires as having inductance (or
wavelength), but I'm sure that Dale does.  :)

73, Jim K9YC