[RFI] FCC issues official citation for well pump RFI on Topband

Marshall Stewart marsh at ka5m.net
Wed Apr 24 15:34:55 EDT 2013

The VFD can be mounted in an outdoor (NEMA 3R) or better yet a water tight
(NEMA 4(X)) enclosure.  If it will be mounted directly in the sun, a roof
over the top to keep the drive in the shade is not a bad idea.  Also the
drive will probably need some type of cool air supply such as a unit cooler.

Marsh, KA5M