[RFI] Quiet Dimmers For 120V Incandescents

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Sun Aug 25 13:27:21 EDT 2013

> Not cheap but when in doubt, buy the most expensive.

Generally speaking I tend to agree when it comes to RFI, but I had
an interesting experience several years ago. I bought at $42 light
dimmer that claimed to have effective RFI filtering. It wiped out
most of the HF bands and could be heard well into VHF. Thinking I
had a defective unit, I exchanged it for another of the same model.
Same problem! I then returned it and bought a $6 dimmer which I was
unable to detect on any band. It has been long enough that I don't
recall the brand or models. I wish I did.

73,
Paul

--
Paul Kelley, N1BUG