[RFI] Quiet Dimmers For 120V Incandescents

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 25 20:54:33 EDT 2013

On 8/25/2013 3:44 PM, Howard Lester wrote:
> I recall it was the Skylark line of Lutron dimmers I installed in my
> [former] house over 10 years ago. I found them also to be quite quiet.

OK, we seem to have that dragon slain -- the unanimous response is
Lutron. From studying data sheets, I see that the Maestro line data
sheet lists them as compliant with Class B Part 15.

Now the next dragon -- a clean switching power supply for low voltage
lighting that fits in backboxes for lighting fixtures. Transformers with
sufficient power ratings are much too large.

73, Jim K9YC