[RFI] Recent RFI status - Direct TV and Dish?

Howard Lester howard220 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 14:43:44 EDT 2013

I have DirecTV, and have never noticed any* issues from or to it in the
two homes I've used it. In both places I'd guess the dishes to be about 30'
- 35' from my antennas.

OK, one issue: When transmitting on 30 meters 3+ years ago I heard a
loud sound coming out of the DirecTV HD receiver(!). I found a 2.4" toroid
of unknown material and wound the incoming coax around it as many turns as
possible. That solved the problem.

Howard N7SO