[RFI] Recent RFI status - Direct TV and Dish?

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 26 22:08:31 EDT 2013

: DISH required a telephone line to the unit when I first had it installed.
: This might have been eliminated by now....not sure.

Yes, the "requirement".  Customer response?  "I don't have a phone line in
the room and can't get one to it".  Their response?  "Oh, OK, well, you
can't use the interactive stuff of buy movies with your remote, or use the
caller-ID feature, but, you can still do everything else and call our 800
number for pay-per-view".

Nobody is required to have a phone, or a phone line, why would someone as
irrelevant as a TV service provider require it?  Don't fall for the BS.

Kurt