[RFI] RFI suppression cores for 147 MHz

Christopher Brown cbrown at woods.net
Wed Feb 27 16:07:48 EST 2013

Fair-rite 0431164281 is a good fit for that size cable.

Where I was getting common mode inband on 2M I added 3 to each end of
the cable.  These are large enough they will slide around on cable, need
to be restrained, I used velcro "table" as commonly available for cable
management.

When 3 per end not enough I added a second set of 3 ~ 19" from each.

Mouser has them for < $2 each in lots of 10.  I picked up 100 last year,
for about $130 IIRC.

I do similar on all of my VHF and up LMR400 runs with the solid
2631102002.  Slip a batch of them on when making the cable and
group/space approp to the use.