[RFI] Troubleshooting AFCI Tripping Due To Amateur Transmissions

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Fri Jan 4 12:48:02 EST 2013

AFCI breakers are not merely different - they are an utter nuisance!

The assertion is that they sense partial failures in the walls due
to poor connections or damage to wires.

They claim that most house fires result from sparking in the walls
which eventually ignites dried materials.

The problem is that the AFCI's are hyper-sensitive & when combined
with a GFCI they truly complicate the simple - especially where motors
(e.g. dishwashers, power tools, etc) are involved.

More than one contractor has told me that they are often installed for
inspection then replaced with standard breakers to prevent repeat
call-backs for service.

While the intentions seem good some suspect it is merely a CF-like
way for manufacturers to make money (they are much more expensive
than standard breakers).

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
David Colburn nevils-station.com