[RFI] Help with Buzzing Monitor

Eric Rosenberg ericrosenberg.dc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 17:53:46 EST 2013

I recently purchased a used Optiquest Q9 19" "traditionally
proportioned" monitor for my home office.

While otherwise okay, itemits various buzzes (tone and volume) when the
colors on the page change. For example, if the screen is black, there's
no noise. Clicking on various parts of the screen (tabs or background)
cause the noise to change.

What can I do to stop this, other than follow K9YC's suggestion to dunk
it in a bucket of water on the way to the dump!

[BTW, my Dell and Samsung shack monitors are not noisy or RFIgenerators]

Thanks & 73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC