[RFI] RFI 160m

EDWARDS, EDDIE J eedwards at oppd.com
Tue Jan 22 09:49:32 EST 2013

Yes, they do.  Mike Gruber, W1MG, is the RFI engineer at ARRL Lab ( http://www.arrl.org/the-lab-staff ).

http://www.arrl.org/radio-frequency-interference-rfi

However, ever since Riley Hollingsworth. K4ZDH, retired from the FCC there does not seem to be the same coordination efforts between the ARRL and FCC.  Many hams have contacted the FCC first without going through the ARRL--as requested by the FCC in the past, and have successfully convinced the FCC to issue interference letters to owners of noise sources from neighbors to utilities.

In light of the "RFI sounds" debate, I found this link interesting (for those who wondered what happened to Ken-VH3HLS' web site:   http://www.arrl.org/sounds-of-rfi

Now that I've just thrown gasoline on the flames, I'm headed for the hills! ;-)

73, de ed -K0iL