[RFI] RFI on 1.8 mhz

Michael Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Tue Jan 22 10:58:00 EST 2013

On Jan 22, 2013, at 8:00 AM, David Robbins wrote:

> how often has anyone actually been able to identify a source from an audio recording??  cite cases... i would like to hear specific cases where the audio was enough to identify a specific source of a noise.

I heard RFI on North Oak Lane in State College PA this past fall. Sort of a sweeping noise, around a second apart.

I went to a web page with noise examples, and heard a duplicate of the noise, it was attributed to an electric dog fence. To verify the noise, I  went by the house again, and saw the trenches the homeowner had dug, and noticed that their dog often sat outside within the fence perimeter.

The audio recording was a direct lead to identifying the noise.

	- 73 de Mike N3LI -