[RFI] noise every 60 Khz

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Thu Jun 20 13:24:12 EDT 2013

It's switch mode. To localize, start by killing power in your residence.  If it remains, you must then triangulate the switching source with a directional antenna and portable receiver.  In lieu of triangulation, you can walk the site, noting changes in signal strength but that can be extremely time consuming.  Be mindful of false results due to re-radiation of the source.

With so many switch-mode sources today, there's no sense trying to figure out what it "could" be.

Paul,W9AC

Sent from my iPhone5