[RFI] RFI suppression cores for 147 MHz

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Mar 1 12:02:44 EST 2013

On 2/28/2013 11:20 AM, Jeff Stevens wrote:
> Does anyone know what document describes the standards for installing STP?

Like ALL cable shields, it must go straight to the shielding enclosure
at each end to be effective.  I don't work in the computer networking
world, but I have seen shielded CAT5/6/7 patch cables. They are
terminated with connectors that have a metal surround to mate with
similar female connectors.

It must be remembered that each end of an Ethernet is a potential noise
source, so shielding and suppression are needed at both ends. Remember
also that an Ethernet cable can also be carrying RF trash in addition to
that generated by the Ethernet line driver.

73, Jim K9YC