[RFI] Cree LED Bulbs?

Mike Ryan mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Mar 11 21:05:10 EDT 2013

Kurt, The supply is a heavy metal unit that obviously has a transformer as
it is heavy, it HUMS, and is not at all like a computer power supply or some
light weight device. I would expect the 300 watt unit is 5 -6 lbs and the 88
watt model is 2-3 lbs.  As for how linear...who knows. But when I suggested
that I was going to try the battery and a stand alone 20 amp power supply
the neighbor was quick to remind me that the lights are AC powered.  We used
a multi-meter and tested the voltage from the taps which read AC. We changed
polarity and the voltage was the same at just under 12 volts AC.  - Mike