[RFI] Aparently RFI Quiet Dimmable LED Floodlight from Home Depot

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Mar 30 12:25:01 EDT 2013

On 3/29/2013 11:52 AM, donovanf at starpower.net wrote:
> The LED lighting I am using in my kitchen is a sealed fixture with a Fresnel like lens inside which is the LED bulb. It is sold at Home Depot.

While the observation that these fixtures are working for him, I don't
see any product identification.  And, of course, what matters most is
proximity to antennas, not equipment (unless, of course, the equipment
has a strong Pin One Problem).

It should also be remembered that a device can be quiet when working
correctly, but get noisy when it is aging or getting ready to fail. I
had exactly that experience a few weeks ago with the knock-off power
supply for the Thinkpad computer I'm using to do email. It's on a table
in my living room, 200 ft from most antennas, about 60 ft from the
shack. I missed the recent 9M4 DXpedition on 160M thanks to a really
strong noise that had just appeared, and I never found. But when i
returned from a weekend trip east and plugged that computer back into
the power supply, the PSU was dead.  And the 160M noise was gone.

73, Jim K9YC