[RFI] Comments on RFI from Ductless Air Conditioning Units?

Dale svetanoff at earthlink.net
Mon May 13 11:47:35 EDT 2013

Cortland,

Thank you for the update on exempted items per Part 15.  However, I note the wording "not cause harmful interference" still applies. That's great, but as has been noted many times in this forum, the interference happens all too often.  As we all know, when the appliance is owned by anyone other than the affected op, getting rid of the problem is not easy (and often not practical).

Sadly, one of the most important truths about RFI suppresion and control is: contain or eliminate the interference at its source (part of the axiom to reduce power level of the source).  The other truths are increase of separation distance between source and victim (often not possible) and improved rejection of the source by the victim (usually not possible or practical if the victim is an actual antenna, might be possible if the victim is a cable acting as an antenna).

73, Dale
WA9ENA