[RFI] RFI Identification Help

Mike Ryan mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Nov 13 09:45:56 EST 2013

Still sounds to me like there is street lamp that is trying to start, is
defective, and fails to start over and over. Since the photo electric cell
is preventing the start-up during the day, your noise is only heard at
night....perhaps begins at dusk?   ...you might want to make note of that.
In this area of Florida, some people have these installed over their
driveways and many, many have them over their boat docks behind their
houses.  These are privately owned and the power company can't fix them for
that reason. At the request of an owner who wants a lamp but has no means to
install it, the power company will install them and bills the owners monthly
for the service. Any of these in FRONT of homes should be easy to spot,
whether they be high up or just mounted over a garage door flooding light
over the driveway, etc. It is the ones to the REAR of a house that can be a
challenge to spot.  THat's my two cents.
Good luck.  - Mike