[RFI] CO2 detectors and RFI

dalej dj2001x at comcast.net
Fri Oct 25 15:43:54 EDT 2013

Barry, it was a carbon monoxide detector that I wrote about.  I misstated it as a CO2 detector, but I knew better, just added a extra 2.

In regards to your report of the fatalities due to lack of oxygen, I noticed more than once in my garage shop, separate from the part where the vehicles are parked, that in the winter when I was using my old high efficiency space heater (Kerosene) that it would burn up quite a bit of oxygen and after a while I had to open the door to let in some air.  It is dangerous to use these things in the house where people sleep without adequate oxygen source, not to mention the carbon monoxide danger if they malfunction.

My apologies to the group and moderator this slipped a little into OT.

Dale, k9vuj