[RFI] Samsung Computer Monitor an RFI Dog

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Sep 24 20:24:40 EDT 2013

On 9/24/2013 2:37 PM, Mel Crichton wrote:
> Just to reiterate my comments from 2 years ago... Samsung high-end
> energy-efficient super-(audio) quiet refrigerator creates extremely
> strong RFI every 5 KHz.....it's from the compressor, not the display...

A few months ago, I inherited a nearly new Samsung display from a fellow
ham, who told me that the touch-buttons that control monitor went nuts
when he keyed his rig. He lives on a small lot and runs legal limit,
mine are mostly much farther from the shack, so I fired it up in my
shack.  It mostly worked OK, for the reasons noted, but not when I load
up a 160M vertical about 25 ft away with 1.5 kW -- the monitor does,
indeed, go nuts and eventually shuts down, probably due to a
microprocessor crash.

73, Jim K9YC