[RFI] Keurig coffee vs Astron Rs35M

myles landstein myles.landstein at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:13:58 EDT 2014

One good  example is I had my 2m rig connected to it,  distant antenna,  perfect grounds- model setup,   keyed up  pwr supply (astron) started going bonkers, loud humming etc   was told it's a common problem,  was not  an ac  or dc voltage nor amp drop in this example  first thing I measured.

the radio itself wasn't emitting any unusually high rfi (according to my spectrum analyzer )

Now even at low power my 900mhz rig made the astron crazy  i solved the problem  but  just was a bit surprised to learn that a communications power supply was so  susceptible to rfi

ml