[RFI] Keurig coffee vs Astron Rs35M

Hisashi T Fujinaka htodd at twofifty.com
Thu Apr 10 15:54:51 EDT 2014

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014, Jim Brown wrote:

> On 4/10/2014 10:40 AM, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
>> The crowbar circuit trips on RF a lot. I've seen this on several
>> Astrons I own. Lots of ferrite on the leads helps.
>
> What frequencies?  When you say "lots of ferrites," did you wind turns
> through them, or just clamp them on?

I've had issues on 40 and 15, and I think on 30. Definitely on 40,
though with a couple of different radios.

The power line I clamped on several (my supply of ferrite is just Radio
Shack and those aren't big enough) but I did use several turns on the
power supply leads near the power supply at first and then near the
radio as well when I had other issues.

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd at twofifty.com