[RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Sat Apr 19 20:14:26 EDT 2014

I have Frontier 6 Mbs DSL - Fiber to the DSLAM (Digital Subscriber Line
Access Multiplexer) then buried copper pair to the house Network Interface,
CAT-3 pairs to the ADSL-2 modem, router, and wi-fi gateway. The Netgear 7550
DSL modem sits in the shack. Thus far there has been no evidence of RFI to
or from the Netgear 7550.

A search on VDSL
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very-high-bit-rate_digital_subscriber_line)
shows that Bloomington IL is a market where 40 Mbit/sec downstream and 10
Mbit/sec upstream is available.  In all cases the length of the copper path
from the DSLAM, the equipment terminating the copper pairs at the DSLAM and
at the subscriber location will ultimately determine line quality and
downsteam / upstream speeds.

73 & DX,
Gary - AB9M