[RFI] Can you say 'RFI'? Can you say BIG 'Fine'?

Gary Smith via RFI rfi at contesting.com
Sat Apr 26 11:15:58 EDT 2014

Regarding the RFI we all encounter.:

If nothing is done, nothing will happen.

Document document and document.

Make sure your station is in the clear (that is, up to FCC ham radio
specs) when the sniveling from the neighbors starts.

Send all of your docs to at least two and if you can three officers in
the FCC regarding your grief.

If nothing happens in a say thirty days,s resend the docs.

If the RFI does not abate, send your docs by snail mail to the same
addresses as you did the other two.

In the government, when they get a letter they can hold in their hand
without having to print it themselves, this is a sign of great earnest
on the part of the sender.

Remind them this is an issue (for you) that will not go awway as you are
not the the violator, the place/generator of the offending noise source is.

And, as always, be nice the the hand your reaching out to for help from.

Persistence has in the long run, paid off for me with the few RFI issues
I have experienced.

Gary...wa6fgi