[RFI] More on "my" noise.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Mon Apr 28 18:33:55 EDT 2014

On 28 Apr 2014 at 15:07, Lee  K7TJR wrote:

>     You might look around your neighborhood for a new installation of a
> water pump,
>  sewer pump or any facility using a large electric motor. These modern VFD
> motor drives are
>  killer on wideband noise when they are not filtered. They are fairly easy
> to find with
> a BCB radio. I have successfully dealt with one and have another in progress
> waiting to
>  inform the company. First one was 1.5 miles away. If you hear it on 15
> meters it cant be
>  too far away
>  Lee  K7TJR OR

Thanks, Lee. I am planning another DFing expedition asap. I'll look for those.

The local Power Company expert did some digging for me a couple of weeks
ago: he told me that a near-neighbor has a motor running constantly which
appears to have the bearings going out in it.

I know where this motor is, and even when I walk up within 2 feet of it, the
noise level remains the same, so, I have elminated that particular one from
consideration. Maybe I shouldn't...

Ken W7EKB