[RFI] Cree LED Light Bulb

Joe Mesh jm at drsmesh.com
Mon Aug 11 17:13:19 EDT 2014

I have never had any RFI traced to a LED or a CFL - even a dimmable LED
dimmed passes my noise evaluation!   I just never found any noise.

The problem with CFLs (beyond being ugly!) is that they make heat and they
do not have the very significant ROI of the LED lamps.    CFL life is also
dramatically shorter.    I just replaced 224 FL40s, 35 PAR30s, 12 PAR20s and
12 MR16s all with LEDs.    CFL current savings is ~30% whereas the LED
savings is ~80%.    These LEDs are all cool to the touch including the
bases.    This means added savings with reduced HVAC load.

Thanks
Joe / W8SS / Mesh Engineering / 810-629-5500
AKA: Dr. Joe Mesh, D.M.D., C.A.G.S. (Prosthodontics)
from beautiful downtown HELL, Michigan
Always available at:   info at drsmesh.com
See us on the Web at:    drsmesh.com