[RFI] LED Bulbs

CR ka5s at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 11 09:21:10 EST 2014

On 2/11/2014 5:51 AM, Dale J. wrote:
> Nothing.  I guess the rules don't provide us any protection from this junk.
>
> If it was interfering with TV watching THEN something would be done and quick.
>
> Dale, k9vuj

You might be wrong.

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=8530a07c597632dbd535add438914a18&node=47:1.0.1.1.18&rgn=div5#47:1.0.1.1.18.1.239.6

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=8530a07c597632dbd535add438914a18&node=47:1.0.1.1.18&rgn=div5#47:1.0.1.1.18.2.239.6

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=8530a07c597632dbd535add438914a18&node=47:1.0.1.1.18&rgn=div5#47:1.0.1.1.18.3.239.4

Cortland Richmond
KA5S

PS: Dale, your old employer was looking for EMC engineers. Heh!

    §18.115   Elimination and investigation of harmful interference.

(a) The operator of ISM equipment that causes harmful interference to
radio services shall promptly take appropriate measures to correct the
problem.

(b) If the operator of ISM equipment is notified by the Commission's
Engineer in Charge (EIC) that operation of such equipment is endangering
the functioning of a radionavigation or safety service, the operator
shall immediately cease operating the equipment. Operation may be
resumed on a temporary basis only for the purpose of eliminating the
harmful interference. Operation may be resumed on a regular basis only
after the harmful interference has been eliminated and approval from the
EIC obtained.

(c) When notified by the EIC that a particular installation is causing
harmful interference, the operator or manufacturer shall arrange for an
engineer skilled in techniques of interference measurement and control
to make an investigation to ensure that the harmful interference has
been eliminated. The EIC may require the engineer making the
investigation to furnish proof of his or her qualifications.