[RFI] LED Bulbs

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Wed Feb 12 07:50:38 EST 2014

well, if your neighbor was stealing gas from your car would you report it to the police???  or would you expect them to be checking the level in your tank for you every day to see if some was missing?  if your neighbor was running nightly parties that kept you awake would you confront them about it?  if they didn't stop would you call the police??  or would you expect police to be checking for all noise in the neighborhood to stop at a 9pm curfew???  if you saw your neighbor dealing drugs out of his house would you report it to police or just assume that they will eventually figure out that something was going on and catch them without your help??

If you don't inform your neighbor that their tv is causing interference (preferably the first week then have it) and coach them to return it to the manufacturer as a defective device for violating part 15 or 97 or whatever it might be, who will??  if they don't then fix it, and you don't report it to the fcc, then who will??  The fcc, like the local police, can't be everywhere all the time to find intermittent local interference sources.  they are busy enough trying to take care of those who do file complaints without going around looking for more work.