[RFI] DigiKeyer II

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Thu Jan 2 16:00:05 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 9:58 PM, CR <ka5s at earthlink.net> wrote:
> There is an RFI modification for Microkeyer II's below SN 765 that might
> help.
> See http://www.microham.com/contents/en-us/d143.html

Better part of $500 and *I* have to get in there with a soldering iron
so that it can be used?  I don't think so!  If I wanted to solder
stuff, I'd make my own interface!

However, I have a USB Digi Keyer II, not a Micro Keyer II.  :-)

All my stuff is connected together has the vendor suggests and I
verified that the PC was connected last evening (it was).  I think I
mentioned that even with 4 turns of the cable through a #31 toroid
(the 2.4 or 2.5" size listed in the RFI text) and I still have RF on
my audio.

After the net last night I unwrapped it all and then re-did it through
*2* toroids, a mix 43 and a mix 31.  I have not yet had a chance to
test on-air.

The suggested test of resistance between the DB-15 shell and the USB
connector is an interesting one.  It should be pretty close to zero
... I think the vendor suggested it should be < 5 ohms.  I plan to try
that tonight if I have the energy after license testing.