[RFI] Digi-Key ‏promoting KEMET’s new series of EMI cores - Mouser

WD8ARZ wd8arz at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 4 12:27:34 EST 2014

Comparisons can be made at Mouser using FAIR-RITE EMI Suppression
Ferrite Cores..

http://www.mouser.com/MobileCatalog.aspx?page=1177&s=_wEWBh4BIwKGBR4BTAUFZW4tVVMeAVMFCjI2MzE2NjU3MDI

For example I use a clamp and cylinder type ferrite cores that I put
many on my antenna and control cables for my HF mobile installation. For
HF (below 30MHz) EMI clamping, look for information in the 10 MHz
columns describing the material.

Type 31 material is typically used. For my amateur radio mobile
operating from 2-450 MHz, I chose the Mouser Part #2631665702. It has
been a few years since I did my research for that purchase, so would
have to research and compare again to see what are the best at this time
for this application.

Dont be shy on using multiple cores. I have seen cases where six or
seven ferrites on multiple loops of the cable you want to suppress rf on
is needed for the cure.... and some times on both ends and in the middle
depending on length and path run conditions.

73 from Bill - WD8ARZ