[RFI] ARRL to FCC...

Hare, Ed W1RFI w1rfi at arrl.org
Wed Jul 30 14:31:14 EDT 2014

The marijuana growers are very concerned that their operation emits a clearly identifiable noise signature. During the growing season, they use a 16 hour on cycle, changing to 12 hours as the crop is nearly ripe.  This not only gives a good indication of what they are growing, but also tells people when it is ready for harvest.

Growers in some states are concerned about law enforcement, but most are more concerned about theft. A large growing operation can have a valuable crop in the home of the grower and there are people who would steal it and not care if anyone gets hurt in the process. Growers that rent a home are also concerned that a landlord may not appreciate the ad hoc modifications to the home's electrical system and the very high humidity in the house.  I saw a Holmes on Homes show that documented extensive damage and mold in a grow house.

Ed