[RFI] Noisy computer Power Supply

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Jun 6 10:25:46 EDT 2014

I have 4 Corsair HX850 (850W) supplies (certified modular)
1 is less than 3 feet and 1 is about 4 feet from the HF station in the
den.  The HF Rig FTDX 5000MP is on the same network. The two CPUs are
running between 4.4 and 5 GHz. The 5 GHz is new so no real experience
except for on and off.  I have a similar setup in the shop but with an
Icom 756 Pro and a Yaesu 1000 MK-V

The 75 and 160 antennas are within 60 feet of the network, except the
Network and coax lines run parallel and about 3' apart.

I don't detect a bit of noise from the computers.  These are high
performance gaming computers that are also used for business and
programming with 4 and 8 core CPUs. Each has roughly 6 HDs. I say
roughly as they get moved around a lot. It's easier to pull a drive
caddy than to move a loaded, full size, steel tower case.

73

Roger (K8RI)